maintenance

Because AoC sucks.

Moderator: pooka-Mishipeshu

Cooker
Guild Member
Guild Member

maintenance

Unread post by Cooker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:07 am

why does it seem mmos like to take their servers down to work on them during the day instad of in the middle of the night when there are most likely less people online. im not actually asking, just venting a bit while i wait for servers to come back up. on another note, already, warhammer is far exceeding my expectations. yesterday i discovered the bliss that is public quests, such a great feature. what are you enjoying the most? scenarios? sieges? PQs?

Maggrig
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: maintenance

Unread post by Maggrig » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:12 am

coz the ppl they pay to do maintenance would be paid more to work during the night than during the day

Cooker
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Cooker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:14 am

i wasnt actually asking ;p but one might think that with all the money these companies make, they could afford it . make alot of people happy, however, im sure there would be the night owls that would get pissed too. no win situation.

Maggrig
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Maggrig » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:27 am

yeah ur right

but tbh no matter what timeslot you put it in you're still going to have a population of ppl complaining about it

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:11 am

I like to log on aand alternate between scenarios and PQs with the occaional field trip to the city or w/e while waiting for enough people to feel like going to go attack or defend a keep heh. This has been my night for the past 3 days at least and I'm having a lot of fun.

Tre
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Tre » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:22 am

Because most gamers will be at work/school when it occurs. Closing the servers at that time minimizes the number of people who can not play. And it fits in with the standard 8-5 work day.

If they did it late at night, it would end up closing when the Oceanic people are on. Either way, you are going to shut down the servers when one group of people are on. Might as well let your workers have a regular shift.

Morale: get a job? :P
NIXON'S BACK!

Kahoona
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Kahoona » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:51 am

Sieges are the most fun I've had in an MMO since pre-BC WoW.

Edit: Possibly even since SWG cantina brawls.

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:10 pm

Kahoona wrote:Sieges are the most fun I've had in an MMO since pre-BC WoW.

Edit: Possibly even since SWG cantina brawls.
WAR reminds me of SWG alot... it's like SWG in WOW packaging or soemthing like that... hard to explain