Server

Because AoC sucks.

Moderator: pooka-Mishipeshu

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: Server

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:41 pm

Swanea wrote: I want to play with my friends.

But, I really do not care to play on an RP PvE server. Thats....Just wow.
Agreed I just want to pay with my friends too (and I also agree that Bardo's RP idea is a little unexpected....)

Saltshakaar
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Saltshakaar » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:30 pm

Wow this is getting stupid retarded.

Let me know when you guys figure things out. I'm not going on a damn RP server that's for sure.

My vote is OPEN. I buy this game to fight with other people so anything limiting my pvp experience is contradicting my intention. Fuck the chicken, bring on the gank. I had the most fun leveling my mage in STV while constantly getting ganked. Its satisfying to track the bastard down and pay them back +interest.

Swanea
Private
Private

Unread post by Swanea » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:29 pm

One thing is someone mentioned, what good is playing on an Open server give you? What advantage did playing on a PvP server give you in wow? Just wondering is all.

But While I want to play with as many people as possible, and I think its silly people want to roll on a PvE server, I will play there. If its not RP. Nothing against RP people, I sometimes enjoy RP. But I dont care to PvP there.

deecon
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Unread post by deecon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:49 pm

Swanea wrote:One thing is someone mentioned, what good is playing on an Open server give you? What advantage did playing on a PvP server give you in wow? Just wondering is all.

But While I want to play with as many people as possible, and I think its silly people want to roll on a PvE server, I will play there. If its not RP. Nothing against RP people, I sometimes enjoy RP. But I dont care to PvP there.
world pvp....nub. it wouldnt be as fun as it is to me if i couldnt randomly go gank out by the dailies when i want to. cant do that on pve servers :P

Kahoona
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Kahoona » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 am

If they add bolster to the dedicated RvR zones the major problems would be fixed.

Swanea
Private
Private

Unread post by Swanea » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:50 am

Kahoona wrote:If they add bolster to the dedicated RvR zones the major problems would be fixed.
I was under the impression that you guys (fima, bardo, dusturm and them) wanna stay away from the LEET KIDS too. Which is why its so all hard out for PvE.

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:23 am

Kahoona wrote:If they add bolster to the dedicated RvR zones the major problems would be fixed.
You know they could and probably would add the bolster to all RVR areas in open if it did end up being a major problem...

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:31 am

Ok so recap of pros for each (let me know if I miss anything):

a) Open:
-You can defend as well as attack in the PQs
-There is pvp everywhere -not just scenarios and lakes*
-You can go gank people 2 tiers below you

b) Core:
-You can return to any pve zone at any time
-People even 1 tier above you can't gank you
-PvP will be focused in the scenarios and lakes*

You have until early morning Sunday to change your mind in the poll if you want.

*They call the intended RvR zone with the quests a "Lake" as far as I understand it, no idea why...