Buying and downloading online?

Because AoC sucks.

Moderator: pooka-Mishipeshu

ikao@
Guild Member
Guild Member

Buying and downloading online?

Unread post by ikao@ » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:05 pm

whats the best website to do this, D2D? I might not have time to get around to picking up warhammer from a store in september so i want to be able to just buy the game, install it on my laptop and desktop, and wait for the day they open servers. Is online buying a good idea, i dont really like the idea of not having a CD incase i need to install it on a new computer. If i understand this correctly, with D2D you get only so many IDs that allows you to only install the game on so many computers, hows this work? Whats all of your thoughts on online installing/buying with no CD, i have only done it with steam but steam is different, allowing you to have the game on as many computers with steam on it.

Hodd
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: Buying and downloading online?

Unread post by Hodd » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:51 pm

i have used d2d once and it was a good expereience
RD's carebear

ikao@
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by ikao@ » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:05 pm

Hodd wrote:i have used d2d once and it was a good expereience

how does it work hodd, how many computers can i install the game on?

Hodd
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Hodd » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:36 pm

you create an account and once you have paid for the game i was under the impression you have unlimited downloads, and could download it to any computer but I dont remeber besides the dl speed was fast and its all really easy and reliable
RD's carebear

ikao@
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by ikao@ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:33 pm

so how is the open beta and early access gonna work, I guess for the open beta they are gonna be opening up a d/l on the warhammer website to d/l the client for the open beta like the closed beta soon? With the early access are you gonna need the actual game to play with a cd key, or are you gonna be able to download a client online like the betas or maybe even use your open beta client to play the early access.

Im asking all of these questions to try and figure out what i am gonna do, I want to be able to play the game as early as possible without to much hassle

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:53 pm

ikao@ wrote:so how is the open beta and early access gonna work, I guess for the open beta they are gonna be opening up a d/l on the warhammer website to d/l the client for the open beta like the closed beta soon? With the early access are you gonna need the actual game to play with a cd key, or are you gonna be able to download a client online like the betas or maybe even use your open beta client to play the early access.

Im asking all of these questions to try and figure out what i am gonna do, I want to be able to play the game as early as possible without to much hassle

You can download the client now via torrent or fileplanet and once you are able to log in it will download the latest patch or patches for you & bring you up to date (if needed) -just like wow does. And for the early access, no, you do not need the cd key just your open access key to start. You have a grace period of about 15 days to enter in the cd key for the game from the time the head start begins.

ikao@
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by ikao@ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:21 pm

pooka-Mishipeshu wrote:
ikao@ wrote:so how is the open beta and early access gonna work, I guess for the open beta they are gonna be opening up a d/l on the warhammer website to d/l the client for the open beta like the closed beta soon? With the early access are you gonna need the actual game to play with a cd key, or are you gonna be able to download a client online like the betas or maybe even use your open beta client to play the early access.

You can download the client now via torrent or fileplanet and once you are able to log in it will download the latest patch or patches for you & bring you up to date (if needed) -just like wow does. And for the early access, no, you do not need the cd key just your open access key to start. You have a grace period of about 15 days to enter in the cd key for the game from the time the head start begins.

for one i see something on fileplanet but it says for paid users only or something like that, and with the early acess you are saying if i preorder and the time comes for the early access i will be alright if i cant get my hands on the CD/ CD key for about 15 days after early access starts and will still be able to play early access/full game on the 18th?

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:07 am

ikao@ wrote:
pooka-Mishipeshu wrote:

for one i see something on fileplanet but it says for paid users only or something like that, and with the early acess you are saying if i preorder and the time comes for the early access i will be alright if i cant get my hands on the CD/ CD key for about 15 days after early access starts and will still be able to play early access/full game on the 18th?

The info for downloading the game with your open beta codes can be found here : http://www.warhammeronline.com/preorder/

And the answer to your question about playing live game head start before your box arrives can be found here (under preorder faq -can i play the game before my box arrives?):

http://www.warhammeronline.com/faq/index.php#ans4g

ikao@
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by ikao@ » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:00 pm

alright well I got my preorder box from bestbuy and set up my open beta and live game head start. I am now d/l the client from fileplant

Thank you for the answers

ikao@
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by ikao@ » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:05 pm

Alright well i have everything installed, and i click to run setup and i get to the part where i need to put in my account info for the "patch", so i put in the account info that i made from the account management page which says i will have access to open beta / live head start, well when i add in my info nothing happens. I am guessing I just have to wait until the open beta starts to patch? Thanks and sorry for another question, I check all the faq, hope im not bugging anyone =]

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:17 am

ikao@ wrote:Alright well i have everything installed, and i click to run setup and i get to the part where i need to put in my account info for the "patch", so i put in the account info that i made from the account management page which says i will have access to open beta / live head start, well when i add in my info nothing happens. I am guessing I just have to wait until the open beta starts to patch? Thanks and sorry for another question, I check all the faq, hope im not bugging anyone =]

Yep, you'll have to wait until Open Beta actually starts for your login to work.