Thought on the games so far...

Because AoC sucks.

Moderator: pooka-Mishipeshu

Saltshakaar
Guild Member
Guild Member

Thought on the games so far...

Unread post by Saltshakaar » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:47 am

Well.....I have to be honest. So far is meh for me. I'm used to WOW's combat system where everything is smooth and fluid. When you hit a spell shits happen unless its on GD. Even if the spell doesn't activate, you know right away that it didn't go off. Its kinna hard to tell in this game. GD in this game seem to be broken because if you spam fast enough you get 2-4 swings off really quick. Changing mutation on the marauder is a pain in combat. At time you can do it on the run and at time you have to be stationary. This game isn't as smooth or fluid and it is a serious turn off for me. RvR is amazing though. Maybe I will change my mind in 2 days. How do you guys like it so far?

deecon
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: Thought on the games so far...

Unread post by deecon » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:30 am

my thoughts, i got level 11 not doing a single quest. 90% pvp 10% PQ

Trebor
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Trebor » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:21 pm

i'm liking the shaman but i get raped in scenarios...the heals don't do shit. If anyone gets in my face i'm screwed since i can't get any casts off worth shit and my only instants are DoTs

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:12 am

Saltshakaar wrote:Well.....I have to be honest. So far is meh for me. I'm used to WOW's combat system where everything is smooth and fluid. When you hit a spell shits happen unless its on GD. Even if the spell doesn't activate, you know right away that it didn't go off. Its kinna hard to tell in this game. GD in this game seem to be broken because if you spam fast enough you get 2-4 swings off really quick. Changing mutation on the marauder is a pain in combat. At time you can do it on the run and at time you have to be stationary. This game isn't as smooth or fluid and it is a serious turn off for me. RvR is amazing though. Maybe I will change my mind in 2 days. How do you guys like it so far?
Yeah it's not very easy to tell when you can't use an ability and that is a little annoying. I find the fighting pretty good in general but the game is definitely still kind of buggy.

Kahoona
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Kahoona » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:05 am

Saltshakaar wrote:Well.....I have to be honest. So far is meh for me. I'm used to WOW's combat system where everything is smooth and fluid. When you hit a spell shits happen unless its on GD. Even if the spell doesn't activate, you know right away that it didn't go off. Its kinna hard to tell in this game. GD in this game seem to be broken because if you spam fast enough you get 2-4 swings off really quick. Changing mutation on the marauder is a pain in combat. At time you can do it on the run and at time you have to be stationary. This game isn't as smooth or fluid and it is a serious turn off for me. RvR is amazing though. Maybe I will change my mind in 2 days. How do you guys like it so far?
It was a lot worse before.

Altair
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant  Commander

Unread post by Altair » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:30 pm

PvE seems to be similar to WoW. The Tome of Knowledge is nice but hasn't really added any depth to my play so far (just a level 8 Chosen). PvP is frustrating so far, although that may change as I continue to level and gain new skills. Ranged classes seem to destroy everyone and the few healers I've come across could far out heal the meager damage I do. I'm not really sure what roll the Chosen are supposed to be in PvP. They do no dps, have no snares or interrupts and their auras are kinda meh. The public quests are a great idea but I'm willing to bet they'll end up mostly unused once everyone has leveled their first character to 40. The professions are pretty lackluster and not really clear on how to use them. I can't even find the trinket profession trainer. So far its about what I expected, but the pvp imbalances at lower levels may turn off a lot of people before they get a chance to hit 40.

Hodd
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Hodd » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:38 pm

hmm i heard chosen were the wtf pawners there for a bit they have a snare aura, a thorns aura, and all other goodies + i heard there dps was way to much for the amount of dmg they could take but they were lvl 40 when talking about it so meh
RD's carebear

Altair
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant  Commander

Unread post by Altair » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:28 pm

Hodd wrote:hmm i heard chosen were the wtf pawners there for a bit they have a snare aura, a thorns aura, and all other goodies + i heard there dps was way to much for the amount of dmg they could take but they were lvl 40 when talking about it so meh
Yeah, at lvl 8 they weren't that great, but I'm not gonna make any judgments until I get a little higher. At level 10 I got a snare, and evasion type ability, and a sort of intervene type ability which made pvp/scenarios/rvr a whole lot more fun. I did get rolled head to head by a level 11 Dwarf Ironbreaker. He utterly destroyed me, a Black Orc and a Witch Elf. Left me scratching my head. I'm guessing either the class is stronger earlier on than Chosen or that guy just had amazing gear for his level.

Pa
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Unread post by Pa » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:59 pm

if this game turns out to be bad can we turn this into the spore forum?

Saltshakaar
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Saltshakaar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:37 pm

Oh hi Altair....thx for killing my lvl 7 wp in scenario :cry: .

Tanks are amazing in this game tbh. I don't think any class other tank tanks themselves can take one on. WP would have a good chance, but just 10 minutes ago I got roll by a chosen. with the shield on they take barely any dmg and surprisingly dealing more dmg to me than I'm to him. Don't get me started on Ironbreaker. They are god.

Loving my marauder and wp though. Beside tanks and melee healer, my marauder tear everything else apart. WP is just fun to play juggling between heals and dps.

deecon
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Unread post by deecon » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:52 pm

Altair wrote:
Hodd wrote:hmm i heard chosen were the wtf pawners there for a bit they have a snare aura, a thorns aura, and all other goodies + i heard there dps was way to much for the amount of dmg they could take but they were lvl 40 when talking about it so meh
Yeah, at lvl 8 they weren't that great, but I'm not gonna make any judgments until I get a little higher. At level 10 I got a snare, and evasion type ability, and a sort of intervene type ability which made pvp/scenarios/rvr a whole lot more fun. I did get rolled head to head by a level 11 Dwarf Ironbreaker. He utterly destroyed me, a Black Orc and a Witch Elf. Left me scratching my head. I'm guessing either the class is stronger earlier on than Chosen or that guy just had amazing gear for his level.
hes got his first set of renown gear on most likely. thats why

Altair
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant  Commander

Unread post by Altair » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:03 pm

deecon wrote:
Altair wrote:
hes got his first set of renown gear on most likely. thats why
I was actually reading in the IGN WAR forum and someone was saying it was due to Keep gear. No idea how to get it but I wants me some.

And Salt, if it makes you feel any better, I was playing my warrior in WoW earlier and some Belf rogue named Saltshak'ar ganked the shit out of me in Tanaris.

ikao@
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by ikao@ » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:02 am

dumb question and i dont know how i dont know about this yet, but whats the maxed lvl and how many played hours is it suppose to take to get there? Is end game the main part of the game like wow is?

Kahoona
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Kahoona » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:09 am

Max level is 40. It shouldn't take more than a week to get. There are also 70 renown ranks.

Oh and you get the Rank 10 renown gear from the keeps you control in the tier 2 zones.

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:31 pm

Aha, 70 renown levels, that makes a lot more sense -I wondered how the level 40 game would play out but I can picture it now.

I noticed there were also renown vendors in the inevitable city -which level renown gear do they sell?

As to my thoughts after having a few solid days of playing:

I like the game a lot; it has a great deal of potential -especially now that I can imagine how the renown leveling system might play out. The preview weekend version of the game was in no way ready for release, that's just a fact. There were a ton of bugs or things that just didn't plain work. Every time one of those in game surveys popped up (and they popped up a lot) I answered them just so that I could share my comments at the end about things that are broken, buggy or missing from the game imo. I'm looking forward to Open Beta just so that I can see how far along this next patch takes the game.

Oh I also have to add that all the bugs together were not nearly as annoying as the wow loot lag issue in beta and early release lol.