fraps gameplay

Because AoC sucks.

Moderator: pooka-Mishipeshu

deecon
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

fraps gameplay

Unread post by deecon » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:53 pm

ill have it up sometime this weekend or the misadventures of me bardo kahoona and co. ill try to keep it somewhat interesting but not gonna do anything flashy. just to show you guys some gameplay is all

edit: all im gonna get is chosen (tank) and sorc (magic) cuz im familiar with those 2 from closed beta. but im sure kahoona will be blasting on his marauder and a goblin shaman in there as well

deecon
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: fraps gameplay

Unread post by deecon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:02 am

k heres some random video, nothing spectacular just shows alittle bit of the game mechanics and enviroment. also: gwar music!

http://files.filefront.com/warhammeravi/;11618364;/fileinfo.html

tyen
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by tyen » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:27 am

thnx deec

Looks promising :)

ikao@
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by ikao@ » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:13 pm

can chosen do some nice damage maybe like a fury or ms warrior if speced correctly? Or if i want to do damage should i just go maurder? I like chosen better but i like doing damage over tanking.

deecon
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Unread post by deecon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:35 pm

ikao@ wrote:can chosen do some nice damage maybe like a fury or ms warrior if speced correctly? Or if i want to do damage should i just go maurder? I like chosen better but i like doing damage over tanking.

black orcs do better dmg as a tank class then chosen from what i hear

ikao@
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by ikao@ » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:50 pm

deecon wrote:
ikao@ wrote:can chosen do some nice damage maybe like a fury or ms warrior if speced correctly? Or if i want to do damage should i just go maurder? I like chosen better but i like doing damage over tanking.

but i hear chosen have a damage spec, so if i go damage spec will i do good dps, maybe up to the level or marauder?

deecon
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Unread post by deecon » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:43 pm

ikao@ wrote:
deecon wrote:

but i hear chosen have a damage spec, so if i go damage spec will i do good dps, maybe up to the level or marauder?

yea every tank/healing class has a spec for dmg and stuff

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:46 am

deecon wrote:
ikao@ wrote:
deecon wrote:

yea every tank/healing class has a spec for dmg and stuff

To add to this; from what I saw (and also had confirmed by those who got further in the game than I) regardless of how you spec healers can still heal and tanks can still tank. So you can choose a damage spec and it won't prevent you from healing/tanking.

tyen
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by tyen » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:19 am

pooka-Mishipeshu wrote:To add to this; from what I saw (and also had confirmed by those who got further in the game than I) regardless of how you spec healers can still heal and tanks can still tank. So you can choose a damage spec and it won't prevent you from healing/tanking.

This is something I would particularly like to know more about.
I hate to keep talking about AoC, but it was the most recent alternative to WoW I've played... One of the positives AoC did (in my view) was basically all classes are DPS. Generally the healers healed others around them as a result of the damage they caused to enemies. Tanks, more or less, simply caused more threat and had taunt moves to keep things on them while they DPS too. Think of it sort of like a tanking Fury warrior in WoW terms... sort of. Anyway the healing was more interesting. Sure there was specialization to be better at healing than DPS, but you still do DPS.

The reason I am curious to find out how Warhammer will be and why I liked that model in AoC was that one of my most aggravating experiences ever in WoW was when I was playing a Horde druid and raiding with some friends I know. This was back in MC days. Druids were broke and healing was the only thing they could truly do for a raid. It was never what I wanted or expected to be doing with my druid and it turned into this perpetual thing... eventually I had great gear but it was all healing gear. My healing gear was so vastly superior to my non-healing sets that trying to do or contribute anything else was a joke. I read about other druids on the forums that had collected tanking gear (what I wanted to do with my druid, even if it was just off-tanking)... so I decided to try that. I just got fierce resistance from guild leaders. I waited til we were farming Ragnaros and then tried. They would block my DKP bids... so discouraging. I would bid 3x the amount the item actually went for to some alt warrior. Well anyway the expansion came and breathed new life into the game for me... I always thought that having one class be the only viable choice as tank was a design flaw. I'd try to make that argument and be shot down... now I am vindicated. :)
I found healing insanely boring, but I was good at it.

I just don't want a repeat of anything like that with Warhammer. I will avoid any class that mentions healing if it looks like this might happen again :)

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:45 am

Yep, I have similar feelings. This is why I decided to try out the most healing oriented class in warhammer (destruction side) -the Zealot.

I only made it to level 12 but I was pleased to discover that I could still solo all the quests just fine (exculding PQs obviously).

When I was doing a full on attack on a seige keep with friends I found that I didn't have time or Action points to do dmg most of the time and that the healing in this case was very much like wow (watch the bars and fill them up). One nice thing about healing in combat in warhammer is that only players who need healing have health bars above their heads. This could definitely be improved upon but helped identify people around me who needed a heal without a) looking at my party's bars or b) having them in my group. The dual targetting is also nice as a healer -you can always have one offensive and one deffensive target so you can switch between healing and dps spells without having to switch away from the person/mob being attacked.

In the scenarios I was mainly by myself and had a blast just doing aoes and healing myself and was often able to take a few people out before going down myself. If you want to do a lot of dps the zealot is not a good choice, as far as a straight up healer goes though it was a pretty fun class to play -because they still had dmg capabilities.

I started to play a dok as well -they start off with less healing and are supposed to be a better class for walking the line between healer and dps -I will definitely be trying one again in open beta to see how it plays out in the higher levels.

sylvester
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by sylvester » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:03 pm

The only two classes you need to worry about staying away from if you dont want to just heal are the zealot on destruction and the ruin priest on order, as they are the main healers with the lowest dps possible on both sides.

Saltshakaar
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Saltshakaar » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:01 pm

To answer the marauder and chosen question. No I don't think the tank can do as much as the marauder. Marauder has constant damage and its very good. I roll one up to lvl 12 and I tear apart everything other than a good WP and all tanks. Don't bother trying to confront a tank unless you like to bang your head on hard things. I was most useful going after range dpser (caster/phys) or healer. I haven't play a tank yet so I'm not 100% sure, but if they can do the same dmg then the MDPS class is irreverent to this game tbh. Marauder with a healer is insane too. There are games where I run the middle of everything and took out 3 squishies before I got zerg down.

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:58 am

I think I might seriously have to level 2 chars at the same time when this game comes out instead of just rushing one to the end game because I am just so freaken indecisive and can't settle on just one class.

Kahoona
Knight
Knight

Unread post by Kahoona » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:08 pm

pooka-Mishipeshu wrote:I think I might seriously have to level 2 chars at the same time when this game comes out instead of just rushing one to the end game because I am just so freaken indecisive and can't settle on just one class.

Well it doesn't take very long to level if you hadn't noticed. Getting max level in a week is highly doable.

ikao@
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by ikao@ » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:35 pm

it seems like with this game (from what i have seen in videos) everyone of the same class is gonna be using the same gear, because all you do is just buy your gear, how does this work? Is this true?