gta 4 pc

Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Warning stuff here may be NSFW
Pa
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

gta 4 pc

Unread post by Pa » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 pm

Ive been playing this quite a bit. It was really buggy at first, but its a little better now. To me its been alot more fun on the pc, especially the multiplayer. Anyone else playing and if so whats your usernames?

tyen
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: gta 4 pc

Unread post by tyen » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:21 pm

I was thinking about getting it... I've never played a GTA game though... what's the point? Do I build up a bank account in game or increase my abilities to steal new cars or something? What do you "do" in this game?

Sightlessss
Knight-Captain
Knight-Captain

Unread post by Sightlessss » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:33 pm

tyen wrote:I was thinking about getting it... I've never played a GTA game though... what's the point? Do I build up a bank account in game or increase my abilities to steal new cars or something? What do you "do" in this game?
You turn on all-weapons hacks and sit on the top of a parking structure, blowing up helicopters and tanks with a bazooka.
:roll:

tyen
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by tyen » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:41 pm

Sightlessss wrote:
tyen wrote:I was thinking about getting it... I've never played a GTA game though... what's the point? Do I build up a bank account in game or increase my abilities to steal new cars or something? What do you "do" in this game?
You turn on all-weapons hacks and sit on the top of a parking structure, blowing up helicopters and tanks with a bazooka.
That sounds fun. A lot like my latest like of sitting on top of Tenpenny tower and tossing rockets into the distance with a rocket launcher in Fallout 3. While the missile is underway, switch to a weapon with a scope and you watch the victims move about just before impact... Most of the time its not a direct hit, so sometimes its amazing how far they'll run to "catch" you before the game's pathing algorithm fails and they turn around to go back to their normal spot.

balkis
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Unread post by balkis » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:42 pm

I think its fun for like an hour or with a bunch of drunk friends but i can never get into one to actually do the quests. You basically follow a storyline or u can just go steal cars and kill ppl.
The votes are in and yes RET>holy

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

Pa
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Unread post by Pa » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:56 pm

I only like games with alot of freedom and options in how you can do things, and free roaming. GTa, fallout, lbp(cause of the infinite number of levels online and the physics) etc. I believe in keeping your reality simple and your entertaiment complicated. If you like walking down a predetermined path pushing the a button when told to, you may not enjoy gta. The bad thing about gta console was auto aim and having to use a headset to talk to 15 strangers online. Aiming is as good as a fps when played on the pc and typing is alot better than wearing an xbox live headset. Basically my point here besides rambling is that if some of you guys dont play this game with me your dumb.

also the soundtrack wasnt as good in gta4 as previous gta games, but i have 300 songs in my custom radio station and it puts commercials and a dj in there as well, which makes the game alot more enjoyable. 32 players in multplayer this time to.

Hodd
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Hodd » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:29 pm

Pa wrote:I only like games with alot of freedom and options in how you can do things, and free roaming. GTa, fallout, lbp(cause of the infinite number of levels online and the physics) etc. I believe in keeping your reality simple and your entertaiment complicated. If you like walking down a predetermined path pushing the a button when told to, you may not enjoy gta. The bad thing about gta console was auto aim and having to use a headset to talk to 15 strangers online. Aiming is as good as a fps when played on the pc and typing is alot better than wearing an xbox live headset. Basically my point here besides rambling is that if some of you guys dont play this game with me your dumb.

also the soundtrack wasnt as good in gta4 as previous gta games, but i have 300 songs in my custom radio station and it puts commercials and a dj in there as well, which makes the game alot more enjoyable. 32 players in multplayer this time to.

come back to WAR, pooka and me are waiting
RD's carebear

Jayhawk
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Jayhawk » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:01 pm

i played it on 360 and quit do to boredom before i beat it

Pa
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Unread post by Pa » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:05 pm

Hodd wrote:
Pa wrote:I only like games with alot of freedom and options in how you can do things, and free roaming. GTa, fallout, lbp(cause of the infinite number of levels online and the physics) etc. I believe in keeping your reality simple and your entertaiment complicated. If you like walking down a predetermined path pushing the a button when told to, you may not enjoy gta. The bad thing about gta console was auto aim and having to use a headset to talk to 15 strangers online. Aiming is as good as a fps when played on the pc and typing is alot better than wearing an xbox live headset. Basically my point here besides rambling is that if some of you guys dont play this game with me your dumb.

come back to WAR, pooka and me are waiting
too many good games right now to come back to war ;(