Re: The NFL Thread.

Unread post by Jayhawk » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:53 pm

so hes with the jets now? i havent turned on ESPN in a couple days

annok
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by annok » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:07 pm

Jayhawk wrote:so hes with the jets now? i havent turned on ESPN in a couple days

yep, for a conditional 4th round pick lol

Jayhawk
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Jayhawk » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:36 pm

rofl

annok
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by annok » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:49 pm

i cant see brett favre in a jets uniform :( i hope aaron rogers completely sucks ass and the packers front office is made into the laughing stock of the league for years

tyen
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by tyen » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:13 pm

Ok - here it is. You've all been waiting for it I know.
Joe's Broncos season predictions:

DEN @ OAK: Denver 123, Oakland 5 (On a positive note, McFadden had a run for positive yardage)
SD @ DEN: Denver 110, San Diego 12 (Brees runs to wrong sideline twice after monster sacks... it was incredible)
NO @ DEN: Denver 107, New Orleans 14 (Reggie Bush is hit so hard he becomes color blind)
DEN @ KC: Denver 98, Kansas City 14 (Arrowhead is empty by the time this one ends. Fans fill the bars to drink in their sorrows)
TB @ DEN: Denver 187, Tampa Bay 3 (Gruden's grimace becomes so huge by the second quarter that it sucks in his starting QB... he's replaced by Brian Griese)
JAX @ DEN: Denver 88, Jacksonville 10 (Cutler has an off game; he only puts up 5 touchdown passes)
DEN @ NE: Denver 188, New England 6 (Cutler bounces back from his down game. Brady seen worshiping Cutler at the end of the third quarter)
Bye (Denver is given another win anyway, they would have beat anyone they faced and everyone knows it)
MIA @ DEN: Denver 130, Miami 14 (Pennington get airbags installed in his helmet after another close call the week prior. They don't help)
DEN @ CLE: Denver 96, Cleveland 10 (The score is actually 10-0 Cleveland with two minutes left in the fourth quarter... This game is remembered as "The Joke" as it is found that the Broncos just wanted to see how many touchdowns they could score in under two minutes with 'the pressure on')
DEN @ ATL: Denver 220, Atlanta 21 (Atlanta folds as an NFL franchise due to embarrassment... It's 220-0 at the start of the fourth quarter. Elam is the only Falcon still on the field. Denver lines up with him just to give him shots at breaking the all-time kicking record... naturally he does)
OAK @ DEN: Denver 182, Oakland 0 (At least two Oakland players drown as all of Mile High Stadium's crowd cries tears of laughter at Al Davis' expense)
DEN @ NYJ: Denver 178, New York Jets 3 (Favre decides to retire at halftime, then un-retires for two plays when he is brutally sacked. The ambulance crew tried their best, RIP Brett)
KC @ DEN: Denver 98, Kansas City 10 (Denver's offense and defense swap sides for the entire third quarter... just to see what it's like)
DEN @ CAR: Denver 88, Carolina 7 (Carolina's defense proves to be the least porous defense Denver has faced all year)
BUF @ DEN: Denver 188, Buffalo 42 (Denver just lets Champ Bailey play the entire Bills team for the 3rd quarter. Buffalo scores most of their points during this time... Bailey is human afterall).
DEN @ SD: Denver 144, San Diego 7 (Brees is released from the hospital before this game... but upon seeing who is opponent is claims to "have left the refrigerator running" and had to leave)

Denver wins the Super Bowl. All teams they oppose simply concede. They do not want to risk injury.
The Pro Bowl actually turns out to be a scrimmage of Denver's offense vs. Denver's defense. It's more entertaining than any previous Pro Bowl in NFL history.

mutality
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by mutality » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:30 pm

Broncos at best will go 9-7 Jets have a decent chance of that, they added plenty of talent this year to their roster. Anyways Dallas, Vikings are the teams to beat in the NFC and in the AFC will be the typical Colts, Pats, and Chargers. I don't think their a surprise team anymore, but it may be Cleveland's first playoff birth in quite a while. I'll be disappointed with anything less then a Superbowl appearance by Dallas, but its a long season we all know they have more then enough talent, aside from wr, but you can't win them all.

Boozer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Boozer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:17 am

mutality wrote:Broncos at best will go 9-7 Jets have a decent chance of that, they added plenty of talent this year to their roster. Anyways Dallas, Vikings are the teams to beat in the NFC and in the AFC will be the typical Colts, Pats, and Chargers. I don't think their a surprise team anymore, but it may be Cleveland's first playoff birth in quite a while. I'll be disappointed with anything less then a Superbowl appearance by Dallas, but its a long season we all know they have more then enough talent, aside from wr, but you can't win them all.
The Vikings have yet to prove they're a team to beat in the NFC. They put together a team that theoretically should have no problem winning the NFC north. I won't be satisfied until I see them do it.

annok
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by annok » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:20 am

as long as the vikings have tavaris jackson as their QB they wont do much

succcckkkaaaas

edit: chaos, drew brees doesnt play for the chargers anymore you ugly sob

tyen
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by tyen » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:45 am

annok wrote:as long as the vikings have tavaris jackson as their QB they wont do much

succcckkkaaaas

lol - took you long enough.

:)

Boozer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Boozer » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:06 pm

annok wrote:as long as the vikings have tavaris jackson as their QB they wont do much

succcckkkaaaas

Honestly, Tavaris doesn't have to do much for us to do ok. All he needs to do is take care of the football and complete enough passes to keep the defense thinkin about somethin other than Adrian Peterson.

mutality
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by mutality » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 am

Boozer wrote:
mutality wrote: The Vikings have yet to prove they're a team to beat in the NFC. They put together a team that theoretically should have no problem winning the NFC north. I won't be satisfied until I see them do it.
I wouldn't necessarily say that, at the end of last year they were starting to mesh quite well and make a statement believe they won the last 4 of 5 or something like that. Now, they have added one of the best defensive ends in the game, and a speedster receiver that I don't get why Chicago even let go. I can't see nothing, but improvement from this team. Nfc is a weaker divison then afc. Tavaris knows he doesn't have to be a game changer, just make smart plays, and they should beable to flourish, in my opinion they also have the best running O-line, not to mention a damn good run defense as well.

Chown
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Chown » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:36 am

I drank all weekend long with a Cowboy's coozie that I bought in Waco.

Oh, and how about them Falcons.......

Oh yeah they still suck.

Jayhawk
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Jayhawk » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:20 am

Larry Johnson came into my work last night :shock:

tyen
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by tyen » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:46 am

Jayhawk wrote:Larry Johnson came into my work last night :shock:
Sweet! Did he ask about me?

Really though, did ya get an autograph or anything? :)

Jayhawk
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Jayhawk » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:11 pm

tyen wrote:
Jayhawk wrote:Larry Johnson came into my work last night :shock:
Sweet! Did he ask about me?

Really though, did ya get an autograph or anything? :)
no i didnt bother him. he bought 8 $80 bottles of wine and left, i guess he was getting ready for week 1. I wanted to go talk to him but i figured id leave him alone, if i was a sports star id like to have my privacy.