The NFL Thread.

Stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Warning stuff here may be NSFW
Boozer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: The NFL Thread.

Unread post by Boozer » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:00 pm

mutality wrote:
Tiffanee wrote:Wooo Cowboys won a few games...
Texans also won...
And nicely done Farve + Jets :shock:

Lol won a few games only reason you make it sound as if they are a bad team. Right now there 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks couldn't even pulling a starting job at the college level, Tony Romo W-L record is great, but when you get shitty qbs playing your going to loose games. Ill also say that Demarcus Ware is hands down the best OL/DE in the game, hes incredible at pass rushing or stopping the run. I will say it is ridiculous to be 8-4 and have the 7th seed. I never thought the titans are all that talented and is why you never really heard the rants of going 16-0, but what they do well, better then any other team in the nfl is execute to the t on a week to week basis, aside from the jet game of course.
Brad Johnson has a super bowl ring, which isn't to say he's a great quarterback, or even a good one, but that does put a bit of a damper on your assesment because at the very least he was at one time good enough to win a super bowl with a good enough team. I also have to mention Jared Allen as being right there with Ware from the DE position. It's a god damn shame that the Williams wall was dumb enough to get themselves suspended with the Vikings in postition to quite possibly play Dallas in the first round of the playoffs. Pretty sure that's not gonna happen now. Dallas is definitly on par with New York in the NFC when Romo is healthy, and if the Vikes could have beaten them in the first round of the playoffs I'd actually have hope for the super bowl. But, alas, with the Williams' gone I think the Vikings can probably just hang it up for the season.

annok
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by annok » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:13 am

i dont think the vikings would beat anyone in the playoffs aside from the cardinals this year

tyen
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by tyen » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:18 am

In a lot of cases the backup is the backup because he's:
1. Not good enough to land a starting job on another team
2. Experienced enough to learn the system of the team he's on quickly
3. Will demand a relatively low amount of pay as to not have a huge impact against the cap.

Seriously if you have a high paid backup QB, chances are you also have less talent somewhere else because you cannot pay for it.

I'd prefer the scenario of thinking "oh crap, here comes Brad Johnson" if the main guy gets hurt to the scenario that Derek Anderson in Cleveland faced (having Brady Quinn behind him)... just the first example I could think of.

Jayhawk
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Jayhawk » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:21 am

cards would beat the vikings if you ask me.

annok
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by annok » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:33 am

i dont really see anyone beating the giants in the playoffs... the next two best teams are tampa bay and carolina and im pretty sure neither would be able to hang :(

Boozer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Boozer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:02 pm

Jayhawk wrote:cards would beat the vikings if you ask me.
Smart money is on pretty much any team other then the Vikings in the playoffs, but with our D-line and Adrian Peterson/Chester Taylor you can't possibly count them out of any game. Next week we'll see how the Vikes vs. Cards thing will play out. I'm more afraid of Atlanta then Arizona tbh.

Boozer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Boozer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:15 pm

annok wrote:i dont really see anyone beating the giants in the playoffs... the next two best teams are tampa bay and carolina and im pretty sure neither would be able to hang :(
I think the Giants are the most consistant and most solid team week in and week out in the NFC. I think Dallas is the most underperforming team in the NFC this season, I think on their best day they're better then the Giants, but Dallas doesn't have many of those best days it seems, which brings the "any given sunday" factor into the mix in a big way this year.

BTW in Gus's first start this year the vikes beat Carolina, and the only reason we lost to Tampa is because Garcia (who Childress should have picked up in the off-season) is a fuckin apparition in the pocket and our defense is almost completely dependent on the front four getting pressure.

annok
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by annok » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:25 pm

big game on MNF this week too

i think dallas would have the best shot at the giants, being them a division rival and they have a guy named demarcus ware

Jayhawk
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Jayhawk » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:52 pm

Boozer wrote:
Smart money is on pretty much any team other then the Vikings in the playoffs, but with our D-line and Adrian Peterson/Chester Taylor you can't possibly count them out of any game. Next week we'll see how the Vikes vs. Cards thing will play out. I'm more afraid of Atlanta then Arizona tbh.
atlanta came out of nowhere. i thought they were going to be as shitty as my chiefs this year.

Chown
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Chown » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:00 pm

Jayhawk wrote:
Boozer wrote:
atlanta came out of nowhere. i thought they were going to be as shitty as my chiefs this year.
Watch out for them Dirty Birds.

deecon
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Unread post by deecon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:50 pm

lol @ giants

tyen
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by tyen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Guess my preseason prediction was just a little off eh? :)

annok
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by annok » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:04 pm

our teams suck dick chaos

tyen
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by tyen » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:01 pm

I know.
I am trying to decide who's collapse was worse.
Denver had three weeks to win just one game and could not do it. They lost the division and the winners ended up being 8-8
Tampa Bay from the same week had the _chance_ to be the no.2 seed in the NFC. Instead they lost out and not only are they not the no.2 seed, they're not in the playoffs.

:(

Boozer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Boozer » Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:01 pm

tyen wrote:I know.
I am trying to decide who's collapse was worse.
Denver had three weeks to win just one game and could not do it. They lost the division and the winners ended up being 8-8
Tampa Bay from the same week had the _chance_ to be the no.2 seed in the NFC. Instead they lost out and not only are they not the no.2 seed, they're not in the playoffs.

:(
It's a weird year, NE not makin it in but Arizona does. The Vikings backed into the playoffs and wound up with just about as good a schedule as they could possibly get, they get the Eagles at home and then if they win they get Carolina (who we beat in the regular season) and then if the NFC championship were against the Giants, which is likely, we just played them and beat them in the last game of the season (though that doesn't mean much if you as NE, heh). I know that they weren't playing for anything, but the only starter they sat was Manning for the second half, and Carr definitely didn't hurt their chances the way he played. I know I'm setting myself up for a HUGE disappointment here but I'm actually optimistic despite the Vikings history of fucking it up every single time, 4 super bowl losses and at least 1 NFC championship blown. I can't even imagine how I'd react if the Vikes won the super bowl, I'd go fuckin ballistic.