Looking for Smore/Aranell

Public discussion forum
savi
Private
Private

Looking for Smore/Aranell

Unread post by savi » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:31 am

I was wondering if someone could toss him (either Smore or Aranell) a nudge in-game or in your guys' Ventrilo. Tell him it's Savi/Saviannah. I was a guild mate of his for 2 years or so in Dark Echo. Good friend of mine. Only reason I can't tell him myself is that I'm in the process of slowly patching WoW in Iraq.. looking to possibly play again.. I did 4 years in the Army, got out.. and got yanked back to go to Iraq for 10 months.

Thanks in advance.

deecon
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Re: Looking for Smore/Aranell

Unread post by deecon » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:57 am

sure ill let him know. hows iraq treating you? hopefully its better then when i was there in 03-04. best of luck to you and ill tell them to get ahold of you. also bosco recently joined the guild. so ill let him know as well. if we dont hear from you i wish you a good holiday season over there. and i know they will be serving some crap christmas dinner :(. almost done though right?

savi
Private
Private

Unread post by savi » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:11 am

Hey, and thanks. Things have definitely improved over here since 03-04. We are at a supposedly "mediocre" camp too (Not Camp Victory), and we have things pretty straight. We have trailers with showers/shitters in them that are cleaned daily by contractors. We have containers with living quarters in them.. single man rooms all the way down to some E-3s. We have A/C/heat in every room, and we can get satellite internet at about $1000/month+ and share it between 10-15 people. I work the night shift out here at a tech control facility.. only 8 hour shifts, it's pretty much a joke.. The worst part was getting recalled, trained, and mobilizing .. getting here, basically.

I've only been on the ground for about a month, but it hardly seems that long. Things seem to go slower when you have no routine. I will have to see how WoW handles over this satellite connection.. if WoW doesn't take much bandwidth -- we have a latency of about 400-600 to the US, which is playable. If it is, I may come back to play casually for now with my resto shaman. I know a guy who works the day shift plays WoW, so I'll have to grab the patch files out of his WoW folder.

Aranell and I go back about 5 years now in gaming, Antalliss (Smore) and I were hunters in Storm's Brigade in the molten core days.. Bosco is a busy family man now from what I read.

deecon
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Unread post by deecon » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:00 am

i agree, smore is bad