A good laugh at a noob!

Public discussion forum
Pellet
Guild Member
Guild Member

A good laugh at a noob!

Unread post by Pellet » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:15 am

Blizz deleted the post so here is the copy and paste.

NOOB:

I loved playing the beta and I couldn't wait for Wrath to release, but after hearing it will only be sold on DvD's, I'm screwed cause my comp doesn't have a dvd disk drive. Thanks blizz, for all the reasons I thought I would quit playing WoW this never came across my mind once.

GL and have fun to the rest of you, I think I'm just going to stop playing computer games altogether because of this BS, And no I won't upgrade my comp, I don't care if a DvD disk drive is under 30$ or whatever, I'm just going to stick feeding my gaming needs with my xbox, which I don't have to worry about unexpected upgrades to just to play the bloody games.

Other Posters:

i will be happy the day we invent a computer screen where i can send my fist through it and slap you really hard on your ugly face.

dont be so CHEAP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever happened to that guy with no cd drive who wanted wotlk on a bunch of floppies
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Man, you just won the QQQ award 2008.

NOOB:

I'm not for a million years going to give any important info online, that includes my visa number, I buy pre-paid game cards to play this game ATM. Vanilla WoW came sold on CD's, BC came sold on CD's, why would have thought WotlK WOULDN"T be sold on CD's.

Other Posters:

NOES let me get my tinfoil hat out
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hehe. You're funny.

You don't need unexpected upgrades for your Xbox? You're right. You just need a new one every 2 months.

I refuse to buy a PS3. My PSone should be able to play all the games without me having to spend more money.

I refuse to buy a cellphone, my home phone should be able to travel with me.

I refuse to buy new clothes. My clothes should patch themselves up for eternity.

I refuse to buy new food. My food from 3 years ago should never go bad.

I could do this all day

NOOB:

I'm not like one of you nerds who upgarde every year just to gloat you have a great comp, hell I bought this comp four years ago with the mindset that the only game I would be playing on it would be WoW, and use applications for my school, so I got a 2.1 GHz, 1 GiG ram, 256 MB vid card with a CD ROM DRIVE , beacuse those were the recomended specs a tthe time. And for your information I run WotlK just fine on medium settings. and I have DSL, so shut your trap you flamming nerd.

It got better, but forum was deleted so I only had the 1 page still opened. I died laughing for 30min reading.
Last edited by Pellet on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Women might be able to fake orgasms. But men can fake a whole relationship.

pooka-Mishipeshu
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: A good laugh at a noob!

Unread post by pooka-Mishipeshu » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:20 am

It got deleted...

Pellet
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Pellet » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:23 am

Fixed

Tiffanee
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Tiffanee » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:00 pm

That's a pro response if I've ever seen one.

traveler
Grand Marshall
Grand Marshall

Unread post by traveler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:10 pm

Fuck I'm gonna have to buy a DVD drive.

chives
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by chives » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:59 pm

I'm with the guy who has the cd drive. Pretty stupid that they don't offer both tbh. Why should he get made fun of because he doesn't want to pay an extra 30 bucks to play a game.

chives
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by chives » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:04 pm

And those responses about all the new things (ps3, cell phone, etc) - he used the wrong analysis when comparing. If he passed the verbal sat's with anything above a 600 i'd be suprised. The cd drive played plays cd games on a computer. The ps1 won't play ps3 games because it never was supposed to. You buy new clothes to stay in style or if your old one rips - thus the cd rom drive didn't break. once again the old brick cell phones will still work - just not as aesthetically pleasing - same reasoning as the clothes. Finally, food is perishable and a consumable, the cd drive isn't. It is idiots like that guy who thought he was so clever when responding that let me know I'm not a fucking retard

Boozer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Boozer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:11 pm

chives wrote:I'm with the guy who has the cd drive. Pretty stupid that they don't offer both tbh. Why should he get made fun of because he doesn't want to pay an extra 30 bucks to play a game.
Why should blizzard go to the extra expense of printing their product on two seperate types of media, it may very well double their printing cost. Not to mention, I'd bet they got a bug in their ear from those who manufacture dvd drives, people who see that printing the most popular game EVER on DVDs would requrie potentially hundreds of thousands of people to purchase their item just to play that game. In this hypothetical situation (purely of my own immagination) it's also possible that blizzard is given a deal on the printing of their game by the very same people who put the bug in their ear in the first place, so as to secure the printing on DVDs, ultimately ending in far more revenue gained from the sale of DVD drives than the loss taken by the cost cutting of the printing. It's a win win win situation in that blizzard gets their printing costs cut in a major way, the dvd drive people make more money and the consumer ends up spending a relatively small amount of money for a superior piece of hardware.

Welcome to capitalism.

Tiffanee
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Tiffanee » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:28 pm

A CD can hold up to 700mb

A DVD can hold up to 5gb+

Why make 5+ discs when you can make 1 disc?

Murakumo
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Murakumo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:36 pm

Or buy one and return it after you install the game?
I mean come on.

chives
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by chives » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Boozer wrote:
chives wrote:I'm with the guy who has the cd drive. Pretty stupid that they don't offer both tbh. Why should he get made fun of because he doesn't want to pay an extra 30 bucks to play a game.
Why should blizzard go to the extra expense of printing their product on two seperate types of media, it may very well double their printing cost. Not to mention, I'd bet they got a bug in their ear from those who manufacture dvd drives, people who see that printing the most popular game EVER on DVDs would requrie potentially hundreds of thousands of people to purchase their item just to play that game. In this hypothetical situation (purely of my own immagination) it's also possible that blizzard is given a deal on the printing of their game by the very same people who put the bug in their ear in the first place, so as to secure the printing on DVDs, ultimately ending in far more revenue gained from the sale of DVD drives than the loss taken by the cost cutting of the printing. It's a win win win situation in that blizzard gets their printing costs cut in a major way, the dvd drive people make more money and the consumer ends up spending a relatively small amount of money for a superior piece of hardware.

Welcome to capitalism.
I wasn't arguing that blizzard shouldn't do it, I was arguing that the people's rebuttals were terrible, yours actually makes sense. Of course its more cost efficient based on printing, regardless of the cost of a dvd-r vs cd-r. I'm sure blizzard's economies of scale allow them to package an entire box for less than a dollar, considering they will be making over 10 million of them. Blizzard is the only smart company to actually release their game for the mac format as well, thus giving most mac users their only option unless they want to run bootcamp.

In complete disregards to that, I don't know about other servers, but Azgalor is pretty dead. Not to cross paths or anything but RD is the best pve guild on the server and hasn't killed a new boss in months. PvP is at an all time low, we have like maybe 4 people alliance with shoulders and probably like 15 or so with weapons that at still active.

Boozer
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Boozer » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:52 pm

chives wrote:
Boozer wrote:

Welcome to capitalism.
I wasn't arguing that blizzard shouldn't do it, I was arguing that the people's rebuttals were terrible, yours actually makes sense. Of course its more cost efficient based on printing, regardless of the cost of a dvd-r vs cd-r. I'm sure blizzard's economies of scale allow them to package an entire box for less than a dollar, considering they will be making over 10 million of them. Blizzard is the only smart company to actually release their game for the mac format as well, thus giving most mac users their only option unless they want to run bootcamp.

In complete disregards to that, I don't know about other servers, but Azgalor is pretty dead. Not to cross paths or anything but RD is the best pve guild on the server and hasn't killed a new boss in months. PvP is at an all time low, we have like maybe 4 people alliance with shoulders and probably like 15 or so with weapons that at still active.
Just so you know, I only wrote that because I was inspired to do so at the time and it was kinda fun.

Pellet
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Pellet » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:55 pm

I am more impressed that he found a computer 4 years ago w/ no dvd drive.

traveler
Grand Marshall
Grand Marshall

Unread post by traveler » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Murakumo wrote:Or buy one and return it after you install the game?
I mean come on.
You clever man

tyen
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by tyen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Pellet wrote:I am more impressed that he found a computer 4 years ago w/ no dvd drive.
I know right? :)