Holy fuckin shit

Public discussion forum
Demonar
Guild Member
Guild Member

Holy fuckin shit

Unread post by Demonar » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Alright you noobs,

So I turned 28 the other day and I was like hot damn remember when I used to play World of Warcraft every god damn day when I was 18. Then I was like wait OMG I used to raid with all these people I have never met in my fuckin life and talk to them on Ventrilo for hours on end. We killed internet dragons and counted our dragon points up and gathered cool gear and were were all friends!

Who the hell are you people?! Are you still alive?? We were so focused and organized (well not me, our benevolent leaders like Traveler were).

Who re-booted the forum? And I figured out my password from ten years ago (I was not that clever at 18... some things never change).

WoW was such a great game. I swore I would never play again after I went to college so that I could have a real life. But maybe I should play again... no...no, I shouldn't. Holy crap I am reading through all my posts and having such fond memories of some fantastic teenage years thanks to everyone who played along with me.

Say hi back you fuckers what are you up to these days - I live in Chicago - if we hang out would that be weird? (I mean it would but it could also be super cool)
Windu
Toony
Magistus
Taken
Falinor
Misko
Seuss and Mikie (Mookie) - Best 3v3 of all time - I swear we could have been in some crazy internet PVP tournament at Blizzard HQ like these DOTA people
Traveler (Remember when we would fight and then make up and you would still put me in group 1? and all the times I g/quit over internet dragon points - holy shit you must be like 45 now or something)

Wow so many others - say hi if you remember me!
"I would rather be a lefthanded jew than a High Warlord on the Internet"

7 pairs of Nemesis Shoulders

Vrox
Forum Historian

Re: Holy fuckin shit

Unread post by Vrox » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Demonar wrote:Who the hell are you people?! Are you still alive?? We were so focused and organized (well not me, our benevolent leaders like Traveler were).
Couple of us are still around. Look for the 2016/2017 posts for everybody checking in. (I'm Annok/Karoz's bro if you don't remember). :mrgreen: A lot of RD transferred to another server at some point. I don't know much of the details there.
Demonar wrote: Who re-booted the forum? And I figured out my password from ten years ago (I was not that clever at 18... some things never change).
I found an old copy of the forum database in my server a while back, so I reanimated it for the nostalgia factor. It's missing a few years of posts in the latter days of WotLK and Cataclysm, since I only had an outdated copy of the database from the last time it was on my servers. Reija said he had some more from later when he hosted it, but we never arranged for the transfer. (Checking again now :lol: ) I did have to turn off new registrations thanks to internet spammer idiots, but everybody's old accounts should still be in there.
Demonar wrote: WoW was such a great game. I swore I would never play again after I went to college so that I could have a real life. But maybe I should play again... no...no, I shouldn't. Holy crap I am reading through all my posts and having such fond memories of some fantastic teenage years thanks to everyone who played along with me.
I've gone back in for a little bit whenever Blizz decides to hand out some free time. Did some Cata and WotLK, skipped the pandas, ran through a few levels of Warlords and got bored again. Haven't been back into Legion yet. Nothing will match the old days of making it through MC, BWL, ZG, AQ and Naxx.
Vrox [60|Mage]
Vforce [48|Warlock]

Gonthorian
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by Gonthorian » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:20 pm

So I randomly stumbled upon this again after reminiscing.

If anyone still remembers me hit me up on my battle tag Turnip#1422

I promise I'm not the flakey bastard I used to be. And to Demonar I'm from the Chicago area as well.

chives
Guild Member
Guild Member

Unread post by chives » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:18 pm

In Chicago with Sylvester and Pierre.

Pa
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Unread post by Pa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:46 am

I was looking up RD because I'm playing blood bowl 2 and making a team of RD members. I am glad this forum is back. For anyone who cares, this is the blood bowl team i created, a mix team of the alliance of goodness.
dwarf Linemen
-------------
Hean
Mav
Grappler-sustained a serious injury and was replaced by gimbo
Balkis

Elf Wardancers
-------------
Tiandrex( I know he was human but i had to get him in there and this was the best fit)
Coldwind
thought about ikao and smirk and some others but most are female and the wardancers in bb2 are male.

Elf recievers
----------------
Chives
Duke

Annok is a tree man that holds the line together and occasionaly throws me.

Pa is a halfling that sort of looks like an angry pa and fails and landing when getting thrown by annok.

Oberik is a human lineman added just to get Oberik in the team.

Traveler is an elf thrower that looks alot like travelers wow character

Hope to get in contact with some of you :)