Ubuntu - 80 Death Knight - Semi-Casual

Interested in joining Righteous Dawn? Post here
Ubuntu
Private
Private

Ubuntu - 80 Death Knight - Semi-Casual

Unread post by Ubuntu » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:39 pm

1. Give us your character name, level and class.
Name: Ubuntu
Level: 80
Class: Death Knight

Here is a screen shot I took the other day of all my characters. I want to stick with my DK at first, but will level another character if we need him.
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356 ... 003032.jpg

2. Post the link to your gear (WoW Armory) If you are logged out in non-PvE gear, give us a time that we can view the armory and see your PvE gear.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... r&n=Ubuntu

3. Fill out the spec (or multiple specs if necessary) that you would use in your primary raiding build at http://www.wowhead.com/?talent .
I am leveling as Unholy, here at the specs once I am 80.
DPS (Blood): http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMqh0IsbRxzAoG0x0hZfM
Tanking: I am torn between Frost and Unholy.. Frost seems to be the best at the moment for just straight out common tanking, but Blizzard will be doing changes to DK tanking and will change everything.

4. If available, please attach some WWS records (or any similar log parses you may have) of some recent raids. Feel free to submit bad ones and identify what you did wrong and why they weren't as stellar as other ones you've submitted.

I do not have any WWS stats as of yet.

5. List your past guild(s) and reason why you are leaving your current (or most recent) guild.
  • May 2005 - February 2006: Valiant - Joined Valiant, leveled to 60 and started raiding MC on my warlock. Left due to the guild was disbanding and found a home with Ordo Solaris.
  • February 2006 - September 2008: Ordo Solaris - Joined Ordo Solaris and was raiding MC/BWL. I was 7/8 tier 2 on my warlock (damn robes would never drop) and 3/8 tier 2 on my paladin before Burning Crusade came out. We also was in 40 man Naxx, was there through the many wipes, it paid off though, we downed 2 bosses before BC came out! I was torn on what I wanted to level up after the expac, so I just leveled up 5 characters to 70. I did get into some SSC and BT runs while pugging Kara/Gruul/Mag every week.
  • October 2008 - December 2008: Bad on Purpose - Joined because of my real life friends were there. I never raided and was just there to fill in when they needed someone. The guild disbanded last week and I would love to find a new home/friends and start raiding when needed!
  • December 2008 - Current: Linux - My bank lol... I bought some guild vault tabs to store all my crap in, plus it matches my name!
6. What raiding experience post-BC do you have?
- SSC and most of BT.

7. Post a screenshot of your current UI.

All my characters are the same pretty much.
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s356 ... 225728.jpg

8. Give us a little information about yourself. This can be anything including (but not limited to) age, likes/dislikes, previous / current games played, computer spec, STD(s), how you got said STD(s), etc.
I am 23 years of age, I am the IT Director of a Tire Manufacturing plant here in Knoxville, Tennessee. When I am not playing Wow I love playing on the Xbox 360! Of course Halo, Guitar Hero, Force Unleashed are some of my current favorites. I play Warhammer Online on occasion, I have a level 20 Witch hunter. Lich King pulled me back to Wow lol. I am a very laid back guy that just loves to have fun.

8.1 Do you have a stable internet connection, good computer, and headset? Are you willing to speak on ventrilo when necessary during raids?
Of course! I will even sing a song if we need it.
PC Specs:
Intel Core2Duo, NVidia SLI setup, 10k Hard drive with 3 gigs-o-ram. (Run Wow perfectly fine with everything maxed)

8.2 Do you read Guild Forums (Raid Section, Off Topic...)? Do you create or reply to active topics about the new encounters during raid progression ?
It is all I do at work! Very heavy forum user.

9. Please tell us your exact availability for the following times. Also, tell us about any limitations you may have in the future. For example, might you have work-related leave at some point, a long vacation without internet access, two weeks of non-stop exams, a bad internet connection at peak hours on Friday, etc.
I do not have a set time each week that I can designate to play. With work, family and girlfriend my time is taken every which way. I will say if I ever sign up for a raid, I will be there and if for some reason out of my control I cannot make it, I always give everyone a heads up waaay in advance so I can be replaced.

10. Please include some contact information. Ideally an AIM, MSN or Xfire screen name.
AIM Screen name: DBoringIT
Phone Number: Upon Request :)

11. Why do you want to join RD?
I love the openness that RD has. RD isn't like "Oh noes he said boob". I love a open atmosphere where we just want to have fun and get some bosses down! RD has been around since what, Wow launch, you know you have a tight bond with each other to last this long. I would love to join you guys and make new friends.

12. Find a picture of an animal and post it, then tell us why you chose this animal or picture. The more clever, the better.
Penguins! I love penguins, I go ape shit over some Happy Feet lol. Nah, I love penguins, they fit my cold nature linux loving personality :)
Last edited by Ubuntu on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

Schnookums
Guild Member
Guild Member

Re: Ubuntu - 76 Death Knight - Semi-Casual

Unread post by Schnookums » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:26 am

Just curious, who was your Warlock in Ordo? :)
Schnookie 80 Gnome Rogue
Schnookums 70 Gnome Mage
Mianne 70 NE Druid
Mianna 70 NE Hunter
Thiasanna 70 Draenei Priest

Ubuntu
Private
Private

Unread post by Ubuntu » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:11 am

Draculo :)

I remember you, didn't know you was in RD, we didn't ever really talk much to each other but I think we even raided 40 man Naxx back in the day together.

Lots of old Ordo Solaris members are in here lol

Ubuntu
Private
Private

Unread post by Ubuntu » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:56 pm

DING 78 and a half :)

Ubuntu
Private
Private

Re: Ubuntu - 80 Death Knight - Semi-Casual

Unread post by Ubuntu » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:54 am